Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rainbow Cake!

So my daughters 1st birthday is on June 23rd, and I wanted to do a colorful cake, so I decided on the rainbow cake!! Below I will post the how to!


  • Plain white box mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 large box vanilla pudding
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Mix all the ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth (makes 1 9 in tall round cake). If you want to make a layered cake double all your ingredients.

Get 5 bowls and divide your cake evenly among the bowls. About 1 cup per bowl

Add 1 color to each- red, yellow,green, blue, and purple

Spray your pan with bakers joy (I LOVE this spray nothing sticks!!)

Put your red cake color in the middle of the pan in a nice blob, then add the yellow on top of that.. Keep adding each color on top of the previous one, The batter will spread out as you add each color on top of the next. DO NOT use a spatula to even it out it will cause your colors to run together.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 min or until done

Now the top of the cake it will look as though the colors dulled but inside they didn't.. the below picture I had reversed the colors for the second layer (the first was already in the oven). I had leftover colors so I decided to make a cupcake with the colors in the correct order just to show you what it will look like! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment